Industry hazard analysis software tool. DNV GL's Phast software, is a tool used to analyse situations which present hazards to life, property and the environment, and to quantify their severity.
Industry hazard analysis software tool
Phast is the world’s most comprehensive process industry hazard analysis software tool for all stages of design and operation. The software examines the progress of a potential incident from the initial release to far-field dispersion including modelling of pool spreading and evaporation, and flammable and toxic effects.
Phast software contains models tailored for hazard analysis of these scenarios:
- Discharge and dispersion models, including DNV GL's proprietary Unified Dispersion Model (UDM).
- Flammable models, including resulting radiation effects, for jet fires, pool fires and fireballs.
- Explosion models, to calculate overpressure and impulse effects. Available models include the Baker Strehlow, TNO Multi-Energy and TNT explosion models.
- Models for the toxic hazards of a release including indoor toxic dose calculations.
The results from the analysis can be displayed in tabular & graphical form, so the extent of the impact can be seen, and the effect of the release on the population and environment assessed.
Phast software performs industry hazard analysis on these types of onshore and offshore installations:
- Power plants
- Chemical plants
- Petrochemical plants
- Pharmaceutical facilities
- Factories containing hazardous substances
- Oil rigs and other types of offshore unit
Quick and accurate results
Using the Phast software you receive quick and accurate results and are able to undertake sensitivity studies to evaluate the need for mitigating measures such as changes in design, operation or response. Phast has often been used to model design options for proposed new facilities and for operational changes in existing facilities.
10 good reasons for choosing Phast software:
- Continuously developed by experts for over 30 years
- A comprehensive suite of models for analysis of process industry hazards
- Groundbreaking model development research work conducted with industry partners
- Continuous validation of modelling capabilities against experimental data
- Ease of use provided through predefined linking of discharge, dispersion, pool, flammable and toxic effect calculations
- Use of a geographical information system (GIS) for display of consequence results on your maps and plot plans
- Considers releases from leaks, pipe ruptures, relief devices, vessel ruptures, venting and more
- World leading Unified Dispersion Model
- Comprehensive reports and charts for easy, intuitive display of results
- Worldwide technical support and training.
Phast is designed to comply with the regulatory requirements of many countries. For example, specific modules have been included to ensure compliance with the Dutch Yellow Book, US EPA and UK HSE regulations.
Phast software goes through continuous development, research and innovation
Through continuous development, the Phast software ensures industry best practices are available to give you confidence in your hazard analysis. Recent developments have included validation for releases of LNG, hydrogen and Carbon Dioxide In addition, world leading research into droplet formation and behaviour ensures the fundamental science behind cloud formation is rigorously applied. This research continues through DNV GL and a range of joint industry projects, ensuring that the Phast software provides you with the best technology available for improving safety. The rigorous validation of Phast’s modelling is extensively documented and distributed with the software.