Our work is never so urgent or important that we cannot take time to do it safely.
DNV is committed to manage and continually improve our safety, health and environmental performance with the overall goal of having no injury or occupational illnesses to people, no damage to property, and protecting the environment. We will;
- Identify and remove or mitigate risks
- perform all work with due regard to the safety and health of people, the environment and property
- set goals, targets and means to drive improvements in our safety, health and environmental performance and measure our achievements against the targets set
- ensure that our services to customers and society at large have a positive impact on safety, health and the environment
- undertake initiatives to encourage DNV employees, customers and society to accept increasing responsibilities for safety, health and environmental performance
- select our sub-contractors and suppliers based on their ability to provide services in compliance with our policies and standards for safety, health and environment, and
- use our commitment to the:
- UN’s Global Compact
- Mission and objectives of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) as guidance for the continual improvement and development of our safety, health and environmental performance.