DNV (Det Norske Veritas) is an independent foundation with the purpose of safeguarding life, property, and the environment. Our history goes back to 1864, when the foundation was established in Norway to inspect and evaluate the technical condition of merchant vessels.
While headquartered in Oslo, Norway, DNV has worked internationally since 1867 and has established approximately 300 offices in 100 countries. As a knowledge-based company, our prime assets are the creativity, knowledge, and expertise of more than 10,000 employees from more than 85 different nations.
DNV Software is a leading provider of software for managing risk in the energy, process and maritime industries – offering solutions for design, engineering, strength assessment, risk and reliability, QHSE and asset integrity management. Buoyed by our success in growing our Canadian business from our base in Houston, we are excited to recruit and build a local team starting with this position.
The Regional Sales/Country Manager is responsible for growing sales revenues and market penetration in Canada. The primary responsibilities are as follows:
• Meet or exceed the revenue target for our QHSE and asset products and identify short-term as well as long-term business opportunities
• Provide strategic input and execute recruiting plans to better serve the market
• Establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with current and future customers
• Actively work our existing customer base to create new opportunities
• Lead or participate in contract negotiations
• Develop and grow relationships within the regional Marketing and Sales Teams and actively collaborate and share customer intelligence and opportunities
• Coordinate administrative and financial reporting with the regional business controller
• Bachelor's degree required. Engineering or related technical field is an advantage but not required
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales at multiple levels in our customer’s organization
• 7+ years of proven track record in selling technical solutions meeting or exceeding increasing sales goals
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to create and maintain profitable relationships with existing and potential customers
• Thorough understanding and execution of negotiating and closing in a win-win long term focused environment
• Willingness to travel within the region and internationally
This is a Canada-based opportunity; applicants must be fully-authorized to work in the Canada.
While we thank all those who apply for this position, only those being further considered for the position will be contacted.
Interested applicants should email resume/CV and cover letter to HRCanada@dnv.com. Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.