The DNV GL offshore pipeline training programme is founded on the Recommended Practices covering all aspects of pipeline technology from concept to operation.
The DNV GL courses have been developed over several years with pedagogical experts, resulting in several training elements to achieve this objective. This includes;
- Pre-study material (web module) to set the scene and level the participants
- Elements in the courses are:
- Physical demonstrations to illustrate theoretical aspects
- Exercises (buzz groups and calculation exercises in groups)
- Minimum two trainers; helps inspiration for the trainers and less monotone for the participants
- Post-course material (a booklet outlining the exercises in the course).
The trainers have extensive training experience and includes also authors of the different DNV GL codes, ensuring correct, first-hand interpretations.
The DNV GL courses have also been compared to other course suppliers by some oil majors, where DNV GL came out favourable. The courses are delivered worldwide. Feedback forms are given to each participant and evaluated after each course.
The most important thing, in DNV GL's view, is what you have learned when you leave the course.
Scroll down for more details.