The DNV offshore pipeline training programme is founded on the Recommended Practices covering all aspects of pipeline technology from concept to operation.
The DNV courses have been developed over several years with pedagogical experts, resulting in several training elements to achieve this objective. This includes;
- Pre-study material (Web-module) to set the scene and level the participants
- Elements in the courses are:
- Physical demonstrations to illustrate theoretical aspects
- exercises (buzz-groups and calculation exercises in groups)
- Minimum two trainers; helps inspiration for the trainers and less monotone for the participants
- Post course material (a booklet outlining the exercises in the course)
The trainers have extensive training experience and includes also authors of the different DNV codes, ensuring correct, first hand, interpretations.
The DNV courses have also been compared to other course suppliers by some Oil Majors, where DNV came out favourable. The courses are delivered worldwide. Feed-back forms are given to each participant and evaluated after each course.
The most important thing, in DNV's view, is what you have learned when you leave the course.
Scroll down for more details.