DNV has been active in developing standards, specifications and recommended practices for the drilling and well segment.
Current publications include:
- DNV Offshore Standard DNV-OS-E101
- DNV Offshore Service Specification DNV-OSS-201
Verification for Compliance with Norwegian Shelf Regulations
- DNV Offshore Service Specification DNV-OSS-202
Verification for Compliance with UK Shelf Regulations
- DNV Recommended Practice DNV-RP-E101
Recertification of Well Control Equipment
- DNV Recommended Practice DNV-RP-E102
Recertification of Blowout Preventers and Well Control Equipment for the US Outer Continental Shelf
- CO2WELLS guideline
This guideline describes a risk management framework for existing wells at potential CO2 storage sites, both onshore and offshore.
DNV's service document hierarchy
Publications in the pipeline:
- The CO2WELLS guideline together with the accompanying CO2QUALSTORE guideline will be re-published as a formal DNV Recommended Practice, DNV-RP-J203, in May 2012.