DNV GL has been a pioneer in the development of design standards and technology for gas carriers, and our state-of-the-art rules are based on the experience we have gained from such vessels since the early 1960s.
We have been at the forefront of technological development for gas carriers for many years, and we invest significant resources in developing the competence you need to ensure your gas carrier operations remain up to date.
Our services cover:
- Pre-design support to ensure highest technical and safety standards
- Verification and improvement of fuel efficiency, including trim and hull optimisation
- Optimisation of EEDI, including hull design and propulsion performance
- Noise and vibration analysis
- Trading in cold climates - winterisation and arctic operations
- Vetting and PSC-compliance services
- Approval in Principle of new designs
- Condition Assessment Programme (CAP) for hull and machinery
- Strength evaluation of the hull and cargo hold structures
- Risk management services to ensure gas carriers are built and operated safely and cost effectively
Learn more about how DNV GL can support your gas carrier operations. For more detailed information, please contact your local DNV GL office.