DNV GL is No. 1 in container classification, and for a good reason: with about half of the world’s container fleet under DNV GL class, we know container shipping and container vessels.
All over the world, shipowners and shipyards alike rely on DNV GL for all their containership needs. We have the experience and know-how to provide you the full range of containership services, and we invest significant resources to develop innovative solutions. Everything we do is centred round container vessel safety, efficiency and performance – safer, smarter and greener for you.
Our services cover:
- Pre-design support to ensure highest technical and safety standards
- Design support through our Maritime Advisory unit for hull strength and optimised energy efficiency
- Practical training in design issues, interpretation of new rules and regulations, inspection and maintenance
- Containerships in service, with the Hull Lifecycle Programme, Environmental Passport, our two award-winning services, ECO-Assistant for optimum trim and Route Specific Container Stowage (RSCS)
- Risk management support to deal effectively with the hazards associated with containerships
We invest heavily in innovation and research and development (R&D) and continuously share the results of these efforts with our customers, helping you to stay on top of current technologies and trends influencing the container carrier business.
Get in touch
Learn more about how DNV GL can support your containership operations. Simply contact your local DNV GL office.