Firms listed in this Register are granted approval as Service Suppliers according to procedures and acceptance criteria estabished by Det Norske Veritas AS. The listed firms are approved to deliver services which fulfil the requirements stipulated in the Rules for Classification.
Service Suppliers providing information that DNV considers important for the classification work, are subject for approval by DNV. Approval insures that DNV considers the Service Supplier to have adequate quality. Approval is offered for suppliers of the following services:
- Ultrasonic thickness measurements of ship structures
- Non-destructive testing for offshore projects / units
- Ultrasonic tightness testing of hatches
- In-water survey of ships
- Survey and maintenance of fire extinguishing equipment and breathing apparatus
- Service on radio communication equipment
- Service of a.o. inflatable liferafts, inflatable life jackets and evacuation systems
- Service of gas welding and cutting equipment on board
- Examination of ro-ro ship’s bow, stern, side and inner doors
- Survey of low location lighting systems using photoluminiscent materials
- Sound pressure level measurements of alarm systems
- Service and testing of voyage data recorder
Procedures and acceptance criteria for approval of Service Suppliers are given in the Approval Programs, please see related link.
After completion of the approval process, an approval certificate is issued, and the Service Supplier is included in the internet list of approved Service Suppliers.
If you are interested in becoming a DNV approved Service Supplier, please contact your nearest DNV office.